Services Provided to Investors and Timeline
The North Dakota/Minnesota EB-5 Regional Center strives to provide qualified investors a reasonably safe and secure investment; working very closely with investors, their attorneys, and the project principals to ensure the process for investment and green card solicitation is successful:
- Market reasonably safe and secure projects that met U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) requirements to EB-5 investors
- Clearly communicate information regarding the EB-5 program, the investment opportunity, transferring money, and the immigration process
- Provide investors the project business plan and private placement documents, in addition to any supplemental documentation to aid in a well-informed investment decision
- Provide econometric analysis on each project as a reliable source for job creation to be submitted with I-526
- Administrate the trusted 3rd party escrow account
- Provide referrals to reliable immigration attorneys familiar with the EB-5 program
- Monitor project developments and communication those to all parties
- Monitor and submit reports to USCIS on each investment on annual basis as required
- Recommend service providers who can assist planning for life in the United States, helping with corporate set-up, new venture start-up, university placement for children with in-state tuition, etc.
The North Dakota/Minnesota EB-5 Regional Center currently has one project open for interested EB-5 investors. Visit our Current Project Page or speak with us today for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 1-866-699-2432.
Investor Process & Timeline
- Transfer money into a trusted 3rd party escrow account and I-526 Preparation: 1-2 months
- File and Processing of I-526 Petition with USCIS: 6-13 months
- Completed I-526 (Immigrant Petition by Alien Entrepreneur Form) along with supporting documentation demonstrating the investment meets all EB-5 requirements must be submitted to USCIS.
- Processing times can vary depending on the complexity of the investor’s source of funds.
- Immigrant Visa Issuance and Entry to United States: 3-4 months
- Once the investor has received I-526 approval, they may obtain conditional resident status by submitting Form I-485 (Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status) to USCIS. If residing outside the United States the investor must apply for an immigrant visa at a U.S. Consulate.
- File and Processing of I-829 Petition with USCIS: 6-12 months
- The I-829 (Petition by Entrepreneur to Remove Conditions) must be filed to the USCIS within 90 days before the 2 year anniversary of the conditional green card. In this form, the investor must demonstrate that the investment was sustained over the two-year conditional period and the required jobs were created. Once approved, the conditional status of the green card is lifted and permanent residency is granted.
*Note: Investors should understand, while it’s rare, green cards can be denied at any point in the process—even if the initial petition has been approved.
- Planned return of principal investment + interest approximately 5-7 years after EB-5 investment is made
*Note: based on USCIS regulation:
- The investor cannot be guaranteed any returns but may share in distributions of profits.
- The investor cannot have a redemption right or any right to force the buy-out of his share at a particular price.